Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Oops, I Was Wrong!

I can't believe it. I know that I have been told oodles of times that Vaseline glass is green and glows under black light. But now I find that I have been given incorrect information. Information that I may have passed on to others.

It pays to check your facts & sources out before you pass the info on. (Remember that old game gossip when we were kids. That was just a game, but this is real life.) What I thought was Vaseline glass, I also called depression glass. Depression glass is correct for the green glassware I was referring to. BUT! Green depression glass is NOT Vaseline glass.

Here is a great article on Vaseline glass that explains the entire story.  http://www.go-star.com/antiquing/vaseline_glass.htm It certainly set me straight. I am now making sure that I pass this info on. I have actually been shocked to learn how many of my friends thought the same as I did. Oh my goodness ....... Is it my fault? Did I tell them the wrong thing? No ..... I am just being my normal paranoid self here.

Moral of the story, if you are going to pass on what you think is fact .... make sure YOU KNOW your FaCts! Just curious here .... OK so I am nosey, Have you ever passed on info and then later found out you were given bad info?

No comments:

Post a Comment